Sunday, July 17, 2011

Uncle John

So, Jodie and I have a family tradition of inviting people over for Sunday dinners.  Over the years, our guests have changed with us.  At first while we were dating, we would have our roommates join us for Sunday dinner. Later when Jodie's brother Shaun started school at BYU, he started coming over for Sunday dinners too.  When we moved to Arizona, my younger brother John started coming over.  It's been a fun tradition for us and its been fun to spend time and share what we have with our family and friends.  Also, on a fun side note, two of our roommates ended up dating and getting married thanks to our Sunday dinners.

Anyways, Joseph got to spend some quality time with his uncle John today.  It was really nice because Joseph was a little restless and John started rocking him.  It wasn't too long before Joseph was completely knocked out.  Here's a picture of the two guys.


Later today, I learned an important lesson about diaper genies.  First some background about a diaper genie.  For those of you who don't know what they are, they are essentially a specialized trash can that holds dirty diapers.  Within the first 24 hours of Joseph coming home, I really began to appreciate the diaper genie when our bathroom began to stink from a diaper or two that was thrown into the waste basket.  Needless to say, the diaper genie is very effective at keeping the stench of dirty diapers contained and I am a big fan.  However, I learned an important lesson about the diaper genie- make sure the plastic liner isn't running out.  So, I went to take out the diapers today and to my surprise, I find the diaper genie completely full of diapers, but not in plastic liner.  The plastic liner cartridge had run out and part of the bag liner came undone and partially closed itself.  Here's a picture of the difference, only 2 diapers in the liner  compared to the trash bag on the right with all the other diapers. 


Anyways, it was a good lesson to learn while Joseph is only three weeks old and his diapers are fairly mild.

2 comments:

  1. Aaron loved coming over for Dinner at your house. He still talks about what great memories he has with you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are TOTALLY mild! Wait till he's 14 months and eating anything and everything like Grant--then you will know the meaning of stink. Hope you guys are all doing well!!! I miss you, Jodie!!

    ReplyDelete