Because Robert and I both had to work Friday, we got off to a late start and arrive in Flagstaff after dark. However, thanks to dad's generator, we very quickly had some light to set up camp.

The weather was expected to get much cooler over the weekend (low of 35 degrees in Flagstaff) and scattered thunderstorms. Needless to say, we were a little concerned about the what the weather may turn out to be, but it was actually very nice. It was cool, but not too cold, with a few minutes of light sprinkles. However, to be prepared for the worst, we put the rainfly on the tent, which needs to be staked into the ground. So, here's a picture of James trying to put a stake into the ground.
We all stayed up for a little while enjoying the pleasant weather, but eventually we all retired to the tent. The next morning, we started making breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage. However, James managed to find something that was a little sweeter- a doughnut with chocolate frosting and sprinkles. Although, he really wasn't interested in the doughnut itself, just the frosting which he ate off of the doughnut- picture below.
Chef Robert
The mess area
Dad cooking some sausage- as we were going to sleep the night before, I told him that I was going to "lose" his U of U hat. He responded that he had plenty others, which I believe. So, he got to keep his hat.
On the trip, James got to learn about going to the bathroom in the great outdoors...
Dad working with his Ham Radio
Sofie got bored and found a nice place to rest in the tent.
Here's a view of our campsite in the day.
As we were packing up, James was sporting a classic Brems Bum and I had to grab a picture.
After we packed up, we went to the Lava Tubes to explore the caves. It was a lot of fun, especially with Robert's geological insight. Here's a picture of Robert pointing out the "high water mark" the lava left as it ran down the tube.
Here's a picture of Robert and Dad in the tube, James decided at the last minute that he didn't want his picture taken.
Well, that's all the pictures I have of us camping. We all had a lot of fun and definitely want to go back again.
It's spelled Sophie, not Sofie! I love how you added the picture of James' Brems bum....classic!
ReplyDeleteLooked like a ton of fun!!
ReplyDeleteYAY. Looks like it was lots of fun and I definitely enjoyed having a night at home with Annie, pizza, and a movie!! You should do it again soon :) . - Em
ReplyDelete